Rainbow Brights

Spring is in full effect with our colorful outfits today!  If, by spring, you mean 100 degree weather.

Here we are at Faith & Flower, at the twice-a-year reunion of our old employment law team.


Shirt: Gap
Cardigan: J.Crew
Skirt: Stitch Fix
Shoes: Jessica Simpson "Calie"
Necklace: Forever 21

Paloma says...

Holy summer, it was hot today.  I walked the 0.3 miles to meet these lovely peeps for lunch, and I was SWEATING when I got there.  Thankfully, I traded heels for flip flops and took off the cardigan for my walk which instantly transformed this outfit from summer work chic to weekend farmers market.

...which brings me to this skirt.  This was another item from my recent 'fix' from Stitch Fix and I gotta say, I LOVE it.  What I love about Stitch Fix is that you get things you would never necessarily pick out on your own but then you end up loving.  I gravitate toward the same things over and over (pencil skirts! cardigans!) but now I have all these fun pieces that compliment my style but aren't the same ole' same ole'. 


Tank: Madewell
Cardigan: Forever 21
Skirt: Velvet
Shoes: Sole Society
Clutch: Clare Vivier

Karen says...

I'm still really feeling the strand-of-pearls situation.  I thought it really set off the white.  Although hard to see here, the skirt is actually navy blue.  So if you put Paloma and me together today, we only need to grab someone in red and we're covering the rainbow.

This look is plucked directly from a Stitch Fix card sent to me yesterday.  Rather than wear any of the items today, I recreated one of the looks from my very own closet.  I'm still deliberating on the picks... it kind of feels like keeping one item or the whole box.  As Paloma and I discussed over lunch, the whole Stitch Fix thing is an imperfect process but just too damn fun.  Looking forward to posting the harvests from my most recent Stitch, though...

And many thanks to my darling Paloma for lunch and a little birthday gift today!  It's nice to see her just for a photo, but today was extra special.

Comments