Working Mom Fashion

So Karen and I are trying this little experiment where we post separately (since we no longer work in the same office, the joint post just didn't feel as effortless anymore). We still have to come up with some ideas for better quality stuff around here, but for now.... more outfits, more posts.

If you read us regularly (I know you are out there!! Even if its only 4 of you!), and have an opinion about what you would like to see on the blog, please let us know in the comments. We need some direction, people!


Blouse: Express / Skirt: Target / Belt: H&M / Shoes: Banana Republic

(Very loosely) copying a look I pinned eons ago by Wendy of Wendy's Lookbook - here .  I really wanted to do this with a chambray shirt as she did, but I just cant imagine wearing chambray to work, other than on casual Friday (and even then, I don't think I've ever done it!). So I just generally followed the loose button down/floral pencil skirt/cognac belt formula and I'm pleased with the results! I will note that this is as much of a summer-y outfit as yesterday's was winter-y.  And totally appropriate as it is still in the 80's. 

In other news, a co-worker today told me that I was "quite the fashionista for a working mom."  This was intended to be a compliment, and I definitely took it as such, but I thought it was funny that working mom does not = fashionable in most people's minds.  And I get it. Certainly this morning, when I was deliriously choosing my outfit after a glorious 4 hours of sleep, thanks to my 18-month old's "sleep regression," I considered opting for something more comfy and in the arena of loose sweater/stretchy pants/flats.  However, on second thought, I decided a more pulled-together outfit would, perhaps, make me feel more pulled together and alert.  Is it working? Perhaps. Or perhaps its the four cups of coffee.

Comments