Winter Uniform

Apparently, the winter uniform goes something like this: skinny black pants, sweater, boots.


Shirt: Maison Scotch / Sweater Coat: Banana Republic / Sweater: Banana Republic / Pants: Alice & Olivia
Boots: Zara / Bag: Rebecca Minkoff

Karen says...

Holiday hooray!  I love wearing sparkly stuff and this is the month do it unapologetically.  Today is our firm's Christmas do, so all the more reason to have gold sequined elbow patches. 

I know these pants are like any other pair of black pants, but I love them so because they are perfectly fitted in a spandex/non-spandex tight/but not gross tight kind of way.  They are, essentially, the black pants of my dreams.  The only problem is having had to acknowledge my true size when it was actually two sizes up than what I had previously purchased from Alice & Olivia.  Yes, it is a designer with unforgiving sizes, but at one time I fit their unforgiving sizes...

So much work, so little time.  So much to celebrate, so little time!  Happy weekend!


Blouse: Express / Sweater: Express / Pants: Target / Boots: Steve Madden / Purse: Sole Society

Paloma says...

OK, so I swore I would wear my new(ish) booties today.  I was so ready to take on the bootie trend (which I've avoided for the past couple years) with gusto.  Alas, when I put them on with this outfit this morning it just looked... off.  I don't know if it's that the pants aren't that tight around the ankles or what, but I felt chubby and awkward.  :(  Going to try again, though. This time with tights and a dress.  I will make this trend work for me, damnit!

In other news, this outfit is easy and breezy and I would wear it every day if I could.  Had to slap a blazer over it this morning to take a picture for my firm's website, then back to unbuttoned under a grandpa cardigan for photos.  It's also nice that I was able to get an outdoor picture today without a coat - finally back to normal Los Angeles winter temps (i.e., 70 degrees)!

Comments