A Tale of Two Mondays

In one office, Casual December means jeans on a Monday; in a different office, it's stylish winter workwear.


Shirt: Vince / Sweater: Rag & Bone / Jeans: H&M / Boots: Franco Sarto / Bag: Rebecca Minkoff

Karen says...

Ooh, look how smoldering I am today, especially when I'm freezing my feathers off.  This is a super comfy outfit that is a classic study of high-med-low.  Overpriced sweater and tee, mid-range bag and shoes, cheap jeans.  Funny thing of course is that my fave item may be the jeans.

I know it's just a white shirt but you know how the fit and feel make all the difference?  That's how this ends up being a $100 white shirt, which I got for half off with a Neiman Marcus gift card from a Black Friday bonanza.  (I do feel that sharing the shopping process is just as important as putting together an outfit.)  Well, honestly, it was the only thing I could buy given the myriad of restrictions on the gift card, a cash back sort of dealio from meeting the $100 amount last week.  Yeah - a white Vince shirt is as low as you can go at Neiman's.  Yeesh.

Then, this Rag & Bone sweater with awesome velvety elbows was a $180 TJ Maxx find.  That is the only time, I'm afraid, I will ever have any Rag & Bone apparel since even its basic tees are well beyond the $100 mark.  Still crazy overpriced, but I have a real soft spot for Rag & Bone (who doesn't?!).

Despite all this, my trusty H&M skinny jeans are the eternal star with its edgy style, easy fit, and endless comfort.  The same jeans and boots from March of this year, Rainy Day Rooftops!  Oh, how I miss the blog's early days...



Coat: Old Navy / T-Shirt: The Limited / Cardigan: Express / Skirt: J.Crew
Shoes: Jessica Simpson / Bag: Sole Society

Paloma says...

It's a glorious day when I get to have lunch with Karen!  But wow is it cold.  We are back to the days of covering up cute outfits with coats, it seems.  OK by me since this coat is getting to see its first appearance on the blog!

Otherwise, it's a bevy of layers underneath, wool skirt included.  Taking the kiddos to the Americana in Glendale tonight to see the "snow" (it's actually soap that fall from the sky at 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm every evening), so there are jeans and boots in my car for a quick costume change later.

Comments