Patterns Are The New Neutral

Similar color schemes... again!  Going with blue and patterns today.

Top: American Apparel / Skirt: American Apparel / Shoes: Enzo Angiolini

Karen says...

Boy, am I not in a picture-taking mood lately.  When you've been squinting at a screen all day, or talking your head off in a closed office, it's not like you feel anything close to camera-friendly.  I think the lighting in this photo screams "end of the day."  

Just a coincidence, but an obvious one, that both of these items are American Apparel.  There's something about their 80's-throwback hipster gear where... it only matches with each other.  Like, what else will you match with a pair of high-waisted stonewashed jeans, but the floral spandex crop top next to it at the store?  I matched this new skirt with a number of "normal" things this morning and the look didn't go.  I really wanted to make this skirt work, something between midi- and ankle-length.  Still not sure about it, but I pat myself on the back for taking a risk and going through with it.  One thing's for certain, I love this skirt's pockets.


Shirt: James Perse / Cardigan: J.Crew / Skirt: Merona for Target / Necklace: gift / Shoes: Jessica Simpson

Paloma says...

I'm not sure where I saw this color combination (probably Pinterest, let's be honest), but I love it.  I considered wearing my cobalt blue pencil skirt, but instead chose the navy one because ultimately it felt more "autumn."  This is that emergency Target purchase skirt from a few weeks ago, and I am so glad I got it.  Can't believe I have gone so long without a navy skirt, actually.  Also, these Merona pencil skirts at Target are really pretty awesome, especially for the cost!  They seem to keep coming out with more cute patterns and colors, too.  I really want this paisley/stripe one, but have to track it down at my local Target since it's sold out online...

Happy Hump Day!

Comments