Holding Out and Hanging On

Fall weather is nowhere in sight.  No such thing as fall in LA, perhaps.  It cuts straight from summer to winter.


Cardigan: J.Crew / Top: Target / Jeans: Gap / Shoes: Sole Society / Necklace: gift

30 for 30: Day Twenty
Paloma says...

Feeling reinvigorated today - like I got a second wind of interest in this challenge.  Maybe it's this fab gold necklace my brother got me for my birthday (hooray for accessories), or maybe it's the fact that there are only ten days left. Probably the latter.

Went for a classic look today - black, jeans, and red shoes with gold accessories.  Kinda can't go wrong with this one.  Though the cardigan was removed mere moments after this picture was taken, since it's nutso hot out.  We are experiencing the typical October heatwave in LA, and are facing 90 degree temps this weekend - groan.  Plan on taking the kiddos to a "Fall Festival" complete with pumpkin patches and corn mazes, and can't help but wish that it were going to be crisp and cool so I could wear boots and jeans and sweaters.  :-(  Alas, I will be sweating my butt off in a tank top and shorts instead.  Nothing says fall like sweat and hay, amiright?


Top: Anthropologie / Skirt: ASOS / Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell / Bag: Mulberry / Necklace: Reform School

30 for 30: Day Twenty
Karen says...

So this is what it's like to have a limited closet... you just wear whatever together, over and over again.  Of course, no one is paying that much attention to what I'm wearing.  No one has, really.  But I?  I pay an inordinate amount of attention to what I'm wearing!  And this combination struck me as a little funky today, kind of like patterns, details, colors, styles, all just whatevs.

But yes, the indecisive weather isn't helping.  I could do so much more with my 30 for 30 if we were truly dressing for autumn.  Instead, we're still up in the 80's, so layering is quite out of the question.

Two more weeks to go!  Oh God, two more weeks, really?

Comments