Monday Blues (Literally)

Much is being made of iced coffee this summer, so we grabbed a couple on a hurried break this afternoon.  Wheeee!


Dress: BDG / Infinity Scarf: Topshop / Sandals / Topshop / Bag: Madewell / Bracelet: from Cirrus

Karen says...

Our team was scouting someone to appear on a last-minute court appearance this afternoon, and it was a mini-emergency of sorts because, what to do when it's casual August and no one is dressed for it?  Least of all, me, who a partner jokingly said, "You're wearing your boyfriend's shirt!"  Well, I do not agree with that because no boyfriend of mine would own this denim shirt dress.

Took marvelous advantage of the UO/Anthro staff appreciation weekend with some family friends, one of whom works at Urban Outfitters.  This dress is one of those finds, I've been dying for a chambray shirt dress, what better than to get it 40% off.  Plan to wear it in all kinds of different ways in the months to come (but on Fridays, natch), belted, with a cardy, with some boots, etc.  Paloma made a good point, this would look less like "Sunday pancakes indoors with my boyfriend" and much more worky-casual, if it were belted.

Iced coffee happens to be my current fave accessory.


Top: Old Navy / Skirt: The Limited / Cardigan: J. Crew / Heels: Diego di Lucca

Paloma says...

I'm having one of those rare days where I love my hair, my makeup, and my outfit.  Love when that happens.

This top was another Old Navy purchase that I am very pleased with since it transitions really well from work to play and everything in between. Was all the more pleased with it when Karen complimented it.  I feel like blue is a color that I don't have a lot of in my wardrobe, but I really love it.

So glad Karen and I were able to meet for a picture today to capture this exciting trinity of hair/face/outfit!

Comments