Prim and Proper

Our Starbucks runs have switched to Coffee Bean runs because of its perfect proximity between our two offices.  Having coffee and a laugh today on Wilshire and 7th.


Karen says...

I had the best of intentions for this outfit but it didn't quite turn out the way I had hoped.  For instance, there isn't anything too prim and proper about the short skirt.  But I like the flounce of it, and thought it looked nice with the collared shirt.  At least, that's what I thought on Sunday night when I was cobbling together outfits for the week... in a dimly lit room... anyway, I've been undercaffeinated for days, and it's starting to show.

Threw on the strand of pearls this morning while running out the door, and that's what adds a bit of prim back into the mix.


I am wearing...

Theory striped short-sleeved collared shirt
Final Touch skirt (from this Sawtelle gem, Rimo)
frenchi peach blazer
Classiques Entier peep-toe shoe boot pumps in nude

Accessories:
long strand of pearls
M. Rocks pendant
Clare Vivier foldover clutch in white pelli
Vintage Christian Dior sunglasses



Paloma says...

I actually have a blog-worthy story about my outfit for once... after what seems like weeks with nothing interesting to say.

The story is: I have owned this dress for over four years and this is the first time I have ever worn it. !!!!  How does this happen?  Well, my mom bought the dress for me at Anthropologie when I was in my first year as a lawyer ("Honey, you need a nice professional shift dress now that you are a professional woman.   Isn't this one cute? It's very Michelle Obama!").  Mere days after purchasing, I discovered I was pregnant.  Thus, I quickly gained weight and the dress stayed in the back of my closet. Fast forward two years - it was springtime again, I was no longer pregnant and had lost (most) of the baby weight.  Well. I hadn't lost enough weight to make this dress (which is a wee bit short) look good on me. Back to the back of the closet it went.  Wah wah.  Then I got pregnant again. Wah wah wah...

So here we are, four years and two babies later, my body has no more baby weight (though it's desperately in need of some toning!), and no more pregnancies.  And I am finally, finally, finally wearing my professional Michelle Obama dress.

The End.


I am wearing...

Tabitha dress from Anthropologie
J.Crew Tippi cardigan
Jessica Simpson Calie pumps in black patent

Accessories:
Gold hoops (bridesmaid gift)

Comments