Boogie Days

Trying to do lunch today with our ex-team was all kinds of hectic, everybody in a rush to get back to work, everybody running late already, everybody starving.  But we were conveniently close to the Standard, and what a beautiful building that is.  If only we were dressed a la Mad Men for the building or a la Boogie Nights for the furnishings, it would've been perfect.


Karen says...

A bit blurry, but not bad... you can't go wrong with an organ and bubble chandelier, can you.  I'm wearing the last of my sample sale Joie tops.  After this, I'm going to have to really rethink how to switch it up.  To our credit, though - we are well over 100 days now of wearing something different to work.  Every!  Damn! Day!  Woot!

Other than that, love the interior of the Standard Downtown.  Can't wait for the Ace to open.  Field trip!


I am wearing...

Joie pale pink silk short-sleeved top
Zara white blazer
GAP ultra skinny black pants
Sole Society Brooklyn pumps in blurred leopard

Accessories:
M. Rocks pendant
Clare Vivier foldover clutch in white pelli


Paloma says...

Something about this outfit felt off to me... I think it's that it feels a bit too "party" and not so much "work.". The sparkly shirt and the faux wrap red skirt just feel a bit too festive for the office, for some reason.  Anyway, Karen insists that it's perfectly cute, so I am going to take her word for it.  I do love me a red pencil skirt, but somehow the wrap detail of this one makes me feel like it's harder to style?  I think I just need to mess around with different tops a bit.  I loved how I wore it back in February but wouldn't dare repeat!


I am wearing...

J.Crew embellished t-shirt
Tinsley Road skirt (via Piperlime)
Target Pearce patent pumps in nude

Comments