Basic Boring Safe

Court, meetings, commuting, billing: a day for safe and boring basics.


Paloma says...

After a lightning-fast trip to New Mexico this weekend to attend the wedding of one of my dearest friends, Maggie (Hi, Mrs. Krajewski!), I am back in business this Monday morning, with a day full of witness meetings.  Too bad my weekend full of airplanes, drinking wine, and not sleeping enough has left me feeling like I'm coming down with a cold.  Grr.  Definitely not what I need today.  I am guzzling water like it's going out of style in hopes of avoiding a full-blown illness.

As for my outfit, it's classic lawyer garb.  This pic was taken around 3:00 p.m., when I made it home from my appointments and had my husband take a pic right before I changed into yoga pants to finish off my day's work at the dining room table.  For my morning meetings, I wore a black blazer, too. Basic, boring, and safe.  Which is about on point for a Monday.

I am wearing...

Merona x Target t-shirt
J.Crew tweed skirt
Enzo Angiolini pumps

Accessories:
Forever 21 necklace


Karen says...

Black and white and neutral!  Also off of a trip, I didn't think too hard about anything this morning, except getting up on time for court.  After fighting through that, the rest was just grabbing blacks from all around.  I've been waiting for this I.Madeline blouse to come back on my rotation (apparently, it's like my after weekend, "Business as Usual" blouse).  Turns out it's not that easy to pair with.  A pair of black slacks or any black skirt won't do, and cut and proportion are everything.  It will take some more playing around to see what else I can match it up with.

And then, on goes the standard black blazer for the ready-made court look.

These shots are styled by Steve.  He won't admit it, but he's getting good at this.


I am wearing...

I.Madeline Studded Collar Blouse (now at Nordstrom Rack, 65% off and in pink)
Forever 21 black ribbed pencil skirt
Banana Republic jacket
The Limited Round-Toe High-Heel pumps

Accessories:
Clare Vivier foldover clutch in white pelli

Comments