Power Lunches

Lunch is the theme of the day.  Karen goes casual with her downtown buddy, Paloma goes spiffy and schmoozin' with her new co-workers...


Paloma says...

So, bummer that it's Friday and I had to dress in business attire, but awesome because it was so I could go to a NAWBO-LA (that's National Association of Woman Business Owners Los Angeles) awards luncheon at the JW Marriott here in downtown LA.  I got to schmooze and eat my afternoon away, and even got a gift bag.  It was easy breezy and I felt like such a grown up.


Anyway, I need to say a word about this top from The Limited, because I love it and want it in more colors.  I think The Limited always carries it, just in varying colors. It's such a good work shirt for under suits and cardigans when you need to look pulled together but don't want to wear a collared shirt (I steer clear generally because I think they are so uncomfortable!).  Bonus - if you hang this top to dry, you shouldn't have to iron it.

OK, that's my sales pitch for the day. On to the weekend!

I am wearing...

The Limited Basic Layering Top in royal blue
J.Crew double serge wool pencil skirt in charcoal gray
Jones New York peep toe black pumps

Accessories:
Forever 21 bib neckace


Karen says...

Lunch with a lovely ex-boyfriend today.  A really cool one that is now a bestie.  I bought him a belated birthday lunch at Bar + Kitchen; he took iPhone photos of me all over downtown on command.  Fair trade.

This is ripped from a Pinterest look I'm obsessed with - essentially the baggy tan sweater with a slim charcoal miniskirt.  I won't link it here because... I really don't do it justice.  But I did a side by side comparison this morning in the mirror and realized that the pieces I had were practically identical.  Amazing how much a model makes a difference.  Sad face.

That said, I do like the color combination, because it's all unexpected but in the same family.  This sweater has become a cozy fave that I just throw on over anything - minidresses, maxi skirts, a pair of jeans.  It's the best $17.90 I ever spent at Forever 21.  Or anywhere.

Conflicted about my new balayage do.  It is straight-up blonde at the bottom.  As far as ombre goes, you cannot get any more expert than the gradient he created here.  But not sure I want to go absolutely blonde all the way through... I am Asian, if you've noticed.  But I suppose in time, it will be perfectly fixed when I'm ready for another trim.

Finally - these shoes - they are clunky, bold, and aggressive, and I love them!  I am convinced that every outfit is best showcased with sky-high platform sandals in black.  Seriously.

I am wearing...

Forever 21 baggy knit sweater
Only Hearts metallic tank
H&M charcoal mini-skirt
Topshop platform sandals in black and dark brown

Accessories:
Mulberry Bayswater Satchel in Oak
Dita sunglasses

Comments