Off the Clock

Our first day blogging as non-co-workers!  Our days could not have been more different, but ultimately, both photos had to be snapped at home...


Karen says...

Forgive me, I am constantly wearing this skirt.  In my defense, I got up in a haze (hm, not unlike Paloma, see infra), after sleeping like a log for eight hours straight.  Only when I woke up, did I realize that I never really slept over my Miami weekend.  This is a rehash of my closet favorites, and all chosen for their incredible comfort.

Well, no sleep in Miami was worth it, sunburn and all, because the little tan I got helps make me look less tragic as the work week trudges on.  It strikes me funny in this photo that I managed to tan to the same color as my J.Crew Martinas!  Let's face it, we all look better with a little tan, sun damage and all!

So, this is the north wing of my elegant apartment (reminds me of my friend Yasmin's Parisian pied-a-terre [wink!]).  I had my friend snap the photo long past the work day, before a local dinner.  Even while stuck in a Century City mediation all day, I keenly felt Paloma's absence back at the office.  I certainly envy her day(s) off, as I am back in full work mode.

A little shout-out to Jordana and Yasmin - thanks for checking this out after our never-to-be-forgotten weekend in Miami.  Still thinking back to all the laughs and cortaditos. 

I am wearing...

J.Crew silk tank in peach
Barneys Co-Op peach cropped cardigan
Bebe black high-waisted stretch cotton tube skirt
J.Crew Martina patent leather wedges in apricot


Paloma says...

So, today was my first of seven days off before starting my new job - woohoo!  I had so much freedom, I honestly didn't know what to do with myself.   I had a to-do list about a mile long of random tasks, and planned on using this time with the kids in day care/preschool to get shiz done.   But instead, I drank too much red wine while watching Real Housewives of Orange County with my brother and hub last night, so woke up feeling just a little fuzzy and unable to focus on any one task.   This resulted in running a couple errands, but mostly lounging on the couch watching old episodes of Dawson's Creek - glamorous!

Not much to say about the outfit, except that it's comfy and it's certainly not work wear.

I am wearing...
 
Forever 21 heather gray top
Mossimo x Target white ribbed tank (not visible)
The Limited stretch skinny jeans in forest green
J.Crew Cece flats in gold

Accessories:
Forever 21 pendant necklace

Comments