End of An Era

 A couple of photos after our last lunch together as co-workers...
 
 
Paloma says...

Wow.  It's the end of an era.  My last day at our firm.  Karen and I had lunch together and got a little misty-eyed on the elevator ride back up to our office, noting that this was the last time we would ride the elevator back to "OUR" office.  Sure, I will be back in the office to say hi or visit, but never will it be our mutual firm again.  Fortunately, our blog will survive in a new form, as will our friendship.  But Karen is definitely what I will miss most about this firm.  I will also miss our blog in its current form. It's about 60/40. :-)
 
As for my outfit, today comfort was key since my primary task was packing up my office.  So the fact that flats and capris together make me look frumpy was sort of unimportant.  These flats are the only comfortable ballet flats that I have ever owned.  Fact.  Actually, the ones from this post are crazy comfy too, but those ones are ugly.  Fact.
 
I am wearing...
 
GAP cowl neck coral tee
Old Navy cardigan
J.Crew Cece flats in gold
J.Crew Minnie capri pants in black 
 
Accessories:
Turquoise earrings from The Oxford Trunk
 

Karen says...

I just got back from a weekend bachelorette party in Miami, so I came in mid-morning after taking an early flight.  By 11:00 a.m. at the office, I had been up eight hours already.  A little underslept and disoriented, I had a million work things on my mind.  And then one very big thing: it's Paloma's last day.  In the flurry of plans from the weeks before, we had hastily said, oh good, we'll both be in Monday, so we'll definitely see each other and say bye then... casually shrugging it off so as to lessen the total bummer aspect of it all. 

It's weird how blase we were, just catching up about my weekend and grabbing our purses for lunch.  Work and silly tasks have not let me think about this being Paloma's last day because it will probably send me into a few tears.  Fact. 

It's wonderful to have your friend as your co-worker.  And it's wonderful to have your co-worker as your friend.  I highly recommend it.  Fact.

On that note, onward to more blogging and the next phase.  We acknowledged with plucky bravery that our litigation selves are so busy, in and out of the office anyway, that we will probably see each other about the same amount.  She'll still be down the street, closer to the lovely central library.  Yay!

That said, I spent the weekend in aggressive tropical sun, and have mild sunburn for it.  I definitely think I got a little color.  Like the tan, but could really afford to look a little more well-rested here.  Easier coming back from Miami than New York, though.  Fact.



I like the back on this dress.  I always intended for it to be a work dress, but I don't think Urban Outfitters did.  It traveled well - paired this morning with a chambray shirt and ankle boots.  Then switched up with the sweater and pumps back in the office.

I am wearing...

Kova and T dusty blue dress with sweetheart scallopped neckline
Nine West nude peeptoe platform pumps
BCBGeneration caftan cardigan

Accessories:
Tod's white pebbled leather tote

Comments