Dress for Success

As Paloma winds down her last week in Our Law Firm, we start to transition to the fact that soon it will just be Karen's Law Firm.  Another day of selfies, a little rueful that there may be many more of those days to come.  Here are your last glimpses into Paloma's office...


Paloma says...

Well, the most noteworthy thing about me today is that I have a haircut and highlights!  Finally, after months of neglect, my hair is healthy and looking halfway decent.  Too bad Karen was trapped in a mediation all day and thus, this inadequate, poorly-lit selfie.   It just wasn't able to do the hair justice.

Anyway, this skirt (which hasn't seen the light of day in years... this is a great thing about pregnancy, rediscovering your wardrobe as your body slooooowwwwly comes back) is definitely one that only fits when I am skinny-ish... the waistline is super flattering but brutally cinching. So when I can squeeze it on, I know I am doing A-OK, weight-wise.   Although today I will admit to having to unzip it just a smidge by day's end so I could breathe a bit easier.   I just love a high-waisted pencil skirt so much!  Truly could never have too many in my work wardrobe!

I am wearing...

GAP hot pink slouchy tee (clearance rack impulse purchase)
BCBG gathered waist pencil skirt in a greyish brown
Nine West peeptoe patent wedges

Accessories:
Pearl earrings (gift from the hub)
 
 
Karen says...
 
Spent the day with a collection of fast-talking Los Angeles lawyers, and would you believe it, none of them seemed down to snap a photo of my outfit for me.  Well, I didn't dare ask, lest it compromise the appearance of professionalism... so I am left, of course, to take these fuzzy photos here at Chez K.
 
A familiar outfit because of the memorable red skirt, but I assure you I did manage to pair it with a different white shirt, thus everything old is new again!  I liked the combination a lot, it is extremely simple, but you really can't go wrong with red, white, and a print.
 
I am wearing...
 
Club Monaco collared button-down shirt
L'Agence A-line skirt
Sole Society Brooklyn pump in blurred leopard
 
Oh yes, and a little Greta Garbo action for ya there in the background.

Comments