Downtown Girls

We're probably more uptown, but as this is about our downtown identities, this is pretty appropriate.

Target is an ever reliable source for fun backdrops - particularly when one is wearing red.  We're so proud of ourselves that, as our friendship may end every day when the whistle blows, it seems to carry on in our daily sensibilities of what to wear.  Today - both in red coats.  Sublime.

Karen is wearing...

Leslie and the Badgers t-shirt, Penguin white cropped long-sleeved knit bolero with navy piping (hidden), Ali & Ro red parka with rabbit-lined hood (sorry :-( ), MOTHER skinny flare jeans, Lucky ankle boots

Nothing to say from Karen.  Late to LAX already!  Off to NYC!
















Paloma says...

Well, what do we have here? Another day, another one of my color "rules" thrown to the wind. Green and red like a Christmas tree! Oh, I am such a rebel!  Breaking rules with abandon!  OK, actually, I didn't even realize I was wearing green and red today, it just so happens that my favorite winter coat is red and it's nutso cold today, so of course I grabbed it on my way out the door, not even realizing that I was wearing green pants.  Oops.  Oh well, I actually kinda like the look.  Also, I am realizing that my closet is currently dominated by clothes from The Limited - funny since I once thought this store was matronly and boring.  However, when I had to come back to work after maternity leave this fall and needed a bunch of work wear in my new post-baby (read, two-sized larger) body, I went there because they were having a crazy sale.  And what do you know?!?  They have some darn cute stuff!  Also, they are seemingly always having a sale - I am allergic to buying things at full price. I win!  (OK I am done with being an infomercial.)
 
I am wearing...
 
The Limited cotton/cashmere boyfriend in charcoal (on sale, of course here), J. Crew Perfect Fit tank in white, The Limited 678 Colorful Skinny Jeans in Forest Green, Steve Madden pumps in tan, Banana Republic coat (from 10 years ago and I still wear it to death every winter)
 
Accessories: The Oxford Trunk MK scarf, hand-made gold hoop earrings (made by my sister's friend for all of her bridesmaids)

Happy weekend, y'all.

Camera: iPhone 4S, Camera+, Clarity scene, Lo-Fi effect

Comments